Monday 26 November 2018

Step 1 : to drink 1L water per day


Today, I begin with the first step of the transformation program : to be able to drink 1L water per day ! Not easy at all for me because I'm never thirsty…  And water isn't really appealing to me.   But the turning point came at Christmas, when I received as a gift a scale which analyses the body fat and the water content of the body and I was surprised to see that my hydration rate was very low,  but physically I was fine.
And yet I know that the benefits of drinking water are various, to be healthy but also for the well-being, so let's go ! 


Why is it important to drink water ? 

Firstly, the body is better hydrated, the mental (memory) and physical (blood flow and energy) capacities are enhanced.   Those who would like to loose weigth can drink a whole glas of water before the meal, which will slow down the hunger sensation ; furthermore, with 0 calorie, it's the ideal beverage for a diet.  Water eliminates toxins of the body (by urine, sweat) and helps us to get a beautiful skin.  The intestinal transit is smoother and we don't suffer from constipation anymore.

How much water should we drink on a daily basis ?

First of all, we have to drink before we get thirsty because the thirst is the sign that our body is dehydrated.  Formally speaking, we should drink 1.5L water per day… but I'm beginning with 1L to avoid getting discouraged.  I drink 4 glasses of water in the morning and 4 in the afternoon.  In the morning, when I wake up, a glass of water before eating allows to eliminate the toxins and to wake the body softly.  However, it is better to avoid drinking water during the meals, this would disturb the production of saliva, essential for digestion.

Which water is best for me ?

There are a great variety of waters on the market.  Personnally I begin with the Vittel because it has a good taste. You can choose waters which are rich in magnesium in the case you are stressed or in calcium if you need it.  Some waters help the intestinal transit of digestion.  It's up to you to read the labels and especially to make yourself happy.  There is a water I've heard about recently : Mont Roucous.

Then, follow me for this first habit which will change your life !

No comments:

Post a Comment